Monday, June 4, 2018

NEW LISMORE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR THE CRAFTY CHICKY

Stallholder Profile for The Crafty Chicky



Your name: Abeni Paull
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: The Crafty Chicky

The suburb/town you live in now: Ballina lived here my whole life! Such a beautiful town.
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make a variety of items but mostly jewellery and crochet dolls. I also knit and I am teaching myself how to work with polymer clay and resin. I love expanding my skill set.



What inspired you to start your business?: I love making things! I would always try to create beautiful gifts for my family and friends. A few of my friends suggested I sell my items at a market, but I had too many weekend commitments at the time. I did a little bit of online research and that’s how I found Etsy! I could manage my Etsy store easily in my spare time which was great. I am still only a new business, but I am loving every minute of this crafty life!
How long have you been creating?: I have always been creative. Many of my family members are creative, so I guess it’s in my blood. I really started to expand my knowledge and skill level about three years ago.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: I work full time, so this is only a part time business for now. I am striving to turn it into a full time business. Every time I make a sale I do a little dance!
Where do you sell your creations?:  Etsy and The Handmade Expo!



What makes you so special or different?: I am unique just like my jewellery items, I never make the exact same piece more than once (except for requested custom designs) I believe that each piece is so beautiful it shouldn’t be replicated it should exclusive. Customers who purchase any of my jewellery pieces have their own individual piece!
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: All of it! I love being creative, I love seeing peoples faces when they see my creations, I love designing and creating something for a special someone, I love coming up with new ideas and sharing them on my social media. I am my happiest when I am crafting!!    
What is your favourite product to make?: It changes with my moods. I have about 15 different projects going at once so I can pick up what ever I feel like doing and continue with it. Most of my time is crochet related though.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, but I am hoping to in the future. I do post my crochet patterns onto my blog. I love to share my skills with people who love craft just as much as I do.

No comments: