Friday, June 22, 2018

NEW LISMORE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR BURNING WITH HAPPINESS

Stallholder Profile for Burning with Happiness





Your name:  Lisa Benton

Your business name and facebook/website name and link:  Burning with Happiness.    
The suburb/town you live in now:  Ballina.
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  Pyrography. Wood burning gifts. Burning pictures, patterns and writing onto coasters, photoframes, mirrors, boxes of all kinds, plaques, house signs, door hangers and more. Personalised to order or just different, already burnt items.





What inspired you to start your business?:  I was looking for a hobby for my sister who has a chronic illness and is bedridden. Something we would find fun and could do together and I came across Pyrography. I found I really enjoyed it and loved to make things for my family and friends then decided to share it with the world.
How long have you been creating?: One year.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:  Part time hobby and business.
Where do you sell your creations?:  Via Facebook and markets once I build up my stock.



What makes you so special or different?:  I have not seen anyone advertise Pyrography in this area before and most people have not heard of it and I have to explain it to them. They get excited about it once they realise what it is.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing the different creations come to life and people's reactions when I show them.
What is your favourite product to make?:  The coasters as I love drinking coffee and tea and love looking at them as I drink :)
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, not currently but that would be great down the track one day.

No comments: