Tuesday, June 19, 2018

NEW LISMORE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR BONNIE BUB DESIGNS

Stallholder Profile for Bonnie Bub Designs



Your name: Amy Parkes
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Bonnie Bub Designs
The suburb/town you live in now: Alstonville
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make baby and children’s clothing using mostly recycled fabrics but all depends on customer orders. I also make dummy clips, bibs, baby blankets and burp cloths. I machine sew, knit and hand sew and hot glue. 



What inspired you to start your business?: It was an outlet for some me-time while I was on maternity leave with my daughter. 
How long have you been creating?: I have been sewing since high school and knitting about the same length of time. I began sewing more advanced projects over the last two or so years. 
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It is a part time hobby as I work casually and am also a mother to a 14 month old daughter. 
Where do you sell your creations?: I sell online only at the moment over Instagram and Facebook but am excited to venture into markets like The Handmade Expo and am hoping to try out some more markets. 



What makes you so special or different?: My products are different because I use mostly recycled fabrics for my creations which gives them a unique design, pattern and style. 
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Recieving feedback and photographs and reviews of how happy my customers are with their products. 
What is your favourite product to make?: Baby dresses, overalls and rompers are a tie for my favourite products to make. 
Do you teach classes or workshops?: I haven’t held any classes or workshops but I often give my friends tips on sewing and am on several Facebook groups where we all help each other with our creations. 

No comments: