Thursday, November 30, 2017

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR SILVER GLASS FUSION

Stallholder Profile for Silver Glass Fusion


Your name: Aileen Greig
Your business name and facebook/website name and link:
Silver Glass Fusion
Facebook: Aileen Greig – silverglassfusion
Instagram: @silverglassfusion
The suburb/town you live in now: Mudjimba
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:
Since I create jewellery and kiln formed glass, there are two very different skill sets used.
I originally trained as a gold and silversmith, so use those techniques in the jewellery I make.
Glass working is entirely different, there needs to be knowledge of how to heat and fuse without creating thermal shock. I cut kilometres of glass in a year, so I am able to cut long strips of glass efficiently and effectively



What inspired you to start your business?:
I have always created, so being in business is a natural progression. It allows me to keep creating.
How long have you been creating?:
All my life, but officially 35 years.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:
Full time business.
Where do you sell your creations?:
I generally sell my creations in expos such as the handmade expo, markets, one to one sales. I am just setting up online now.
What makes you so special or different?:
My designs are original. I use strip construction when forming my bowls, so that allows me to combine colours and create my own patterns with the glass. Being a jeweller, I also combine metal with kiln formed glass in my jewellery.



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:
Creating something and sitting back and saying Yes!! That’s it!
I also enjoy the positive feedback I get from people viewing and purchasing my work.
What is your favourite product to make?:
I like making bowls and pendants.
Do you teach classes or workshops?:

I will be in 2018

No comments: