Tuesday, November 28, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR ELFIN FAERY

Stallholder Profile for Elfin Faery



Name: Karen Smith

Business Name: Elfin Faery


Town: Gympie QLD

What I create: I create funky, mystical, magical Faery wings and Dragon wings with special touches of crystals and nature interwoven in them. I craft and weave them from parts of recycled material and whatever catches my eye. They are named as the wings take on a design on their own. Special wing adoption scrolls come with instruction’s and care I also create faery crowns, hair clips, funky feelers, Tweddle fae folk hoods and many one off unique items to do with the whole faery feel.





What inspired me to start:  From a child, I have always been fascinated by the natural world. The forests and the trees called to me and I loved playing in them. I speak to our mother earth all the time and she hears me and helps me in situations. I'm half Welsh so the dragon energy also inspires me, and a feeling of old ancestral connections run deep in my blood. I started to have dreams of designs and wings and during meditations. My personal pair of wings named Leaf came to me as I was sitting outside and grounding. Like a picture she unfolded. And the rest is history =) .

How long have I been creating: Elfin Faery started about 5 years ago 

Is it a small business /hobby: Well it’s a hobby for this moment. I do like to call it a small local business, but right now I can only create when I have the time. My vision is to open my own faery shop.

Where do i sell? I have a Facebook page with my shop on there. You could purchase on the page or alternately, I have some of my stock in a local handmade store in Gympie named The Creative Circle on Stewart. Otherwise I choose markets and festivals, like the amazing The Handmade Expo and advertise where i will be on my page.

What makes me special and different: There are many talented wing makers out there, but what I feel sets me differently, is my wings are created from crochet and other recycled materials. Whatever calls to me I guess =) People have commented they are unique and very different. They are super hardy and can be gently bent back into shape if needing to fold up and put in a bag. I touch more on the old natural world of the Fae and the old medieval times. Not a lot of glitter on my wings I'm afraid =)




What is most rewarding part you do? Selling lol =) No I love seeing the people’s faces light up when they come and see my creations. How they wonder with delight and especially when the person finds their own special wings I create only one of a kind, so no-one has the same. For people to find that touch of magic in their lives again.

Favourite product: That’s a hard one =) I love creating all of them. Every piece I do I put so much love into it.


Do I teach or hold workshops? Not at the moment 

No comments: