Monday, February 26, 2018

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR AMOURPARFAIT TOYS AND STUFF

Stallholder Profile for Amourparfait Toys and Stuff



Your name: Martine Beard
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Amourparfait Toys and Stuff
The suburb/town you live in now: Pelican Waters, Caloundra.
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Fabric animals for play, nursery décor, memory items and door stops by special order.


What inspired you to start your business?: I’m an animal lover myself and I was totally drawn to the individuality of each toy.  However firstly it was to give my niece with Cerebral Palsy something to do & learn a new skill…….and sew “Amourparfait Toys and Stuff” was born.
How long have you been creating?: Only about 18 months….. I had never sewn before!
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: From the start it was a part time hobby which is become a full time…..I hope to one day make it a full time business.
Where do you sell your creations?: My items are available at online; Facebook, Instagram and from my Etsy Store.  I love to do markets and they include The Handmade Expo, Witta Market & Caloundra Street Fair.



What makes you so special or different?: The animals are 3 dimensional, so they look rather life like!   They are unique, colourful and offer that little difference to a child’s nursery or gift for that someone quirky.  They are the perfect gift made with Love for all occasions.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I truly love the response from customers and those that just like to look…. Their eyes peruse the animals and you watch a smile come to their face.  The bright colours of the fabrics I use create an immediate sense of joy. 
What is your favourite product to make?: I’m a little taken with the Lions & ducks at the moment.  Although each animal has their own character which is enhanced through the choice of fabric….. somehow cuteness just happens.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, I’m just happy doing my own thing and learning from others.

No comments: