Monday, February 5, 2018

STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR SMALLPRINT SUNSHINE

Stallholder Profile for Smallprint Sunshine



Your name: Lauren Hook
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Smallprint Sunshine Coast https://www.facebook.com/smallprintsunshinecoast/
The suburb/town you live in now: Meridan Plains, Caloundra
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I create Sterling silver jewellery that captures a loved ones fingerprint, hand or footprint, drawings or writing. Each piece is handcrafted by me exclusively for each individual customer so no two pieces are ever the same.



What inspired you to start your business?: I had a two pendants made, a dog tag for my husband and a heart for me that have our son's fingerprint on them. They are such sentimental pieces and I wanted to share this with everyone. I also being creative and making the pieces.
How long have you been creating?: 1 year
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: At the moment its still in its infancy but am going to grow the business this year (fingers crossed)
Where do you sell your creations?: I have been attending markets and am broadening my field this year. I have an office set up at home where I have my full range on display and can take prints in a relaxed environment. Some pieces can be ordered online however the majority of pieces need to be made in person.
What makes you so special or different?: Each piece of jewellery made has a lot of sentimental value to the person receiving it and are made exclusively for that person.    



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing the joy on my customers faces when they receive their jewellery of their loved ones prints etc.
What is your favourite product to make?: Any piece with a fingerprint in it. There is nothing more unique and special than a persons fingerprint.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No

No comments: