Tuesday, February 13, 2018

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LLAMA LOUNGE DESIGN

Stallholder Profile for Llama Lounge Design



Your name: Julie Reibelt

Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Llama Lounge Design 

The suburb/town you live in now: Witta, near Maleny, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I use resin and other mediums to create unique and beautiful pieces of art, homewares and jewellery. Resin is a fluid medium, which provides a challenge to work with - I love using different techniques and colour combinations to create something that is one-of-a-kind. 





What inspired you to start your business? I took a year off from the corporate world and moved back to Queensland after living and working overseas and in WA for the past 15 years. This year is all about trying new things and following my passions. Setting up my own business with Llama Lounge Design has allowed me to do that. 

How long have you been creating? I have been creating since I was a child - I had a grandmother who spent a lot of time teaching me how to sew, knit and crochet. This early love of creating things has expanded over the years, and I am now the aunt that does the creative arts and crafts with my niece and nephews. Moving to Maleny and creating Llama Lounge Design has allowed me to fully embrace my artistic side. 

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business? A business and a passion. 

Where do you sell your creations? I sell online via etsy (https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/LlamaLoungeDesign), at the monthly Witta Markets (3rd Saturday of every month), and at the Handmade Expo. 

What makes you so special or different? Resin is a really fun medium to work with, because it is so unpredictable. No two pieces are alike. I love being able to create functional pieces of art that are unique. This year, I have also started creating pieces of art for people to hang on their walls - you can create some beautiful seascapes and beach scenes, and beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Resin is a super glossy finish and the colours are incredible. 



What is the most rewarding part of what you do? Seeing people fall in love with the pieces that I create, and then seeing those pieces being used or worn, or decorating someone’s house. 

What is your favourite product to make? I love making cheeseboards, serving trays and stools/side tables - art that is both beautiful and functional, and can be appreciated every day. I have had a number of clients ask me to make custom pieces for them, to match the decor of their home, which allows me to play with colour palettes that I don’t normally create. I also love the challenge of creating pieces of art, since I get to experiment with different techniques and layering, to create different effects. 

Do you teach classes or workshops? I am planning on running workshops later this year - follow my Facebook page for updates on this!

No comments: