Tuesday, February 13, 2018

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LOOPZ

Stallholder Profile for Loopz



Your name: Karen Beckett
Your business name and Facebook/website name and link: Loopz www.Madeit.com.au/Loopz
The suburb/town you live in now: Yandina
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Infinity scarves and Bees Wax food wraps (cling wrap alternative).



What inspired you to start your business?: A number of things – With Loopz (Infinity scarves) a love of wearing scarves and shawls, a love of soft draping fabric and reaching an age where I wasn’t looking too good on paper when applying for jobs along with hundreds of other people on the Sunshine Coast, so I decided it was time to let the “inner me” out! With Wrappy Wax (Bees Wax Wraps) a desire to reduce the harmful impact we have on our plant by changing a day to day habit.
How long have you been creating?: Loopz - I’ve been sewing (off and on) for more than 40 years making my own clothes with their own distinct style. Wrappy Wax - My son & his girlfriend gave me some Bees Wax wraps for Christmas and a light bulb went on!
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: I’m aiming to make it into a business where I can work the amount of time I want to and have fun doing it.
Where do you sell your creations?: The Handmade Expo is the perfect vehicle for Loopz and Wrappy Wax.   I also have on online outlet at MadeIt.com.au/Loopz (just finished setting it up and now starting to stock it.). Two fine avenues for anyone’s creativity!



What makes you so special or different?: I’m special because I’m me – no one else quite like me – my husband can confirm that : 0.My scarves are special because they are unique too. They are made with love - a love of making something unique yet practical and oh so pretty. And the wraps are just a brilliant idea; they’re  so people and planet friendly. And they make you feel good that you’re no longer contributing to killing  our planet with toxic waste.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Being free to be creative, have bright (and not so bright) ideas and try them out – very rewarding when your idea works out!
What is your favourite product to make?: Turning fabric or a preloved scarf I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with into a beautiful Loopz.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, I don’t.

No comments: