Friday, May 5, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR SO-REAL ART AND STONE & CANVAS PORTRAITS

Stallholder Profile for So-real Art and Stone & Canvas Portraits
https://www.facebook.com/3Dresinbysorealart

Your name: Jan Singleton
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: So-real Art and Stone and Canvas Portraits
http:/www.soreal-art.com
http:/www.stoneandcanvasportraits.com
The suburb/town you live in now:  Kiels Mountain, Sunshine Coast
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  I create 3D Resin Art and also paint pet portraits and other animals on river rocks.  3D resin art is a process of painting on layer upon layer of resin to produce artwork with the perception of depth and realism.



What inspired you to start your business?:  I was creating art for my friends and family and decided to take it a step further and try selling at markets.  I loved it and eventually started up an online Etsy shop and website.
How long have you been creating?:  I have been painting and drawing pretty much from the time I could hold a pencil in my little fist and any flat surface was fair game. I started pet portraits about 4 years ago and my 3D resin art 2 years ago.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:  It is a full time business
Where do you sell your creations?  I have two Etsy stores and also attend the Etsy Market and other local markets .. and will soon be at the Handmade Expo Market Sunshine Coast!



What makes you so special or different?:  My 3D resin artwork is different because there are not many artists doing this type of work.  I believe I am one of only a few in Australia that create 3D resin art so a lot of people have not seen anything like it.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing my artwork come to life … from a little bit of paint on the first layer of resin to a creation with depth and realism …or a river rock that turns into a loved pet.    
What is your favourite product to make?:  I don’t really have a favourite .. I love to create 3D resin pieces but I also get a big kick out of painting someone’s precious pet on a rock.
Do you teach classes or workshops?:  No

No comments: