Wednesday, March 15, 2017

NEW TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR ELISE HEATHER DESIGNS

Stallholder Profile for Elise Heather Designs


Your name: Elise Heather Loxley

Your Business name and Facebook name and link:
Elise Heather Designs – Modern Bohemian Home Décor, Accessories & Art.

The suburb/town you live in now: Toowoomba, QLD

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I weave, do macramé, embroider and sew. I make wall hangings plant hangers, cushions, clutches/bags, pouches and baskets.





What inspired you to start your business? Elise Heather Designs was born through the undeniable passion I have for creating. I find the act of making something with my hands relaxing, soothing and spiritual. I believe it to be not only a passion but an obsession of sorts. My need to create soon blossomed into a hobby then a business where I still make everything myself. From the idea, through to design, creating through to placing the finished item up for sale. It’s all done by me.

How long have you been ‘creating’? My whole life but EHD has been going for almost 2 years now.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? At the moment I study business full time but hope that in the near future EHD will turn from a part time hobby business to become a full time job.

Where do you sell your creations? I sell at local artisan markets in Toowoomba, Ipswich and Brisbane and have an online store that ships internationally. www.eliseheatherdesigns.com




What makes what you do special or different? I make everything myself from design, through to the finished product. I take custom orders and can work with you to come up with a truly unique piece.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? Seeing photos of people enjoying my work.

What is your favourite product that you make? It changes a lot. I get bored making the same thing over and over but I am particularly enjoying macramé wall hangings at the moment.

Do you teach classes or workshops? Yes. I teach beginners macramé classes at Triangle House, North Ipswich. I am currently working on holding a class in Toowoomba. For more information please visit eliseheatherdesigns.com

No comments: