Wednesday, March 29, 2017

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR BARVERA DESIGNS AUSTRALIA

Stallholder Profile for BarVera Designs Australia


Your name:    Barbara Watts
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: BarVera Designs Australia  (I’m not on Facebook)
The suburb/town you live in now:   Burrum Heads
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:  I crochet my necklaces and bracelets with wire and complete my sets with matching earrings…   I also create pendants with polymer clay and sometimes revert back to creating more traditional pieces of jewellery with my seemless unlimited inventory of semi precious beads!   My husband and I have travelled extensively throughout the world and I’m constantly intrigued and drawn to creative angles, colour variations and mixes…



What inspired you to start your business?:  I used to create and sell my own party plan clothing line and not wanting mass produced imported jewellery to compliment my garments, I began creating my unique ‘hand crafted’ pieces to accompany my ‘hand crafted’ clothing creations ~ the complete package! 
How long have you been creating?:   30 years or so….. I successfully exhibited my jewellery in the Fernie Arts Festival in Canada, however, I now set up at the Boat Club in Urangan in Hervey Hay every third Wednesday of the month and have participated in the handcrafted markets at the RSL….  I also have some necklaces on display and for sale at Hervey Bay’s Cultural Centre….  I’m looking forward to exhibiting my jewellery at Hervey Bay’s first ‘The Handmade Expo’ in May!!!  However, a lot of my business is by word of mouth and I especially enjoy commissions to accompany a special outfit for a special occasion!
What makes you so special or different?:   Crocheting is a technique passed on by my late Mother who inspired me to start my jewellery business!!!!  My creations are very different ~ very much one of a kind as I’m truly unable to make another just the same!    My finished crochet pieces and also the colours that evolve through the mix of polymer clay never cease to surprise and amaze me! 



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:  Knowing that my unique jewellery is so appreciated and admired…    My ultimate goal is to enrich people’s lives with my Unique Artisan Jewellery….
What is your favourite product to make?:   Every piece is my favourite at the time as no two pieces are ever the same ~ I love variety!!!  My heart and soul goes into first, choosing the colours, then deciding on what embellishments I’ll add!     Each of my creations is unique which adds that individuality to each piece that my clients so desire and thrill to wear!
Do you teach classes or workshops?:  I have been asked to teach how I crochet with wire on many occasions, however, I really am so consumed creating for my niche market!!!

No comments: