Friday, March 10, 2017

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR NEEN'S CROCHET CORNER

Stallholder Profile for Neen's Crochet Corner

Your name: Janine Tsakisiris
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Neen's Crochet Corner: https://www.facebook.com/NeensCrochetCorner/ 

The suburb/town you live in now: Tinana QLD

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I crochet unique amigurumi (toys) mostly as well as doilies, beanies, bags and accessories.



What inspired you to start your business?: My family and friends loved my creations and encouraged me to open a Facebook page. It started as a place to just share what I was creating but I was soon taking requests and designing my own patterns.

How long have you been creating?: I taught myself to crochet about 5 years ago.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: I still class my crochet as a hobby.
Where do you sell your creations?: I mostly sell the patterns for my designs through Ravelry. I also work as a freelance designer for Lincraft and I have also sold patterns to crochet magazines. I sell the finished items through markets and online.




What makes you so special or different?: My work is unique to me. I have designed the majority of crochet items that I showcase at markets.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I just love seeing others recreate my patterns.

What is your favourite product to make?: Crochet toys are my niche!
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not as yet but plans are in the works...

No comments: