Wednesday, July 4, 2018

NEW LISMORE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR NANNA SHELL'S

Stallholder Profile for Nanna Shell's 




Your name: Michelle Clout 
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Nanna Shell's https://www.facebook.com/nannashells/
The suburb/town you live in now: 
ALSTONVILLE nsw
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: 
I create beautiful handmade Babies and Children wear, Hand-made Dolls, and Timber Cut-outs (Yard Art) I Sew, Paint, and use power tools everything is hand made when I can


What inspired you to start your business?:
My Children and my Mum inspired me to be creative and I show my love for them through creating beautiful arts and crafts.
I have always been crafty working with my Mum in her fabric store  in my early 20's (Granny's Fabric Bin in Taree) and Attending Craft Markets and conducting Craft Classes in Taree. 
I love creating and learning new things so with Jig Saw in hand off I went.   I only had my youngest daughter left at home she was 3 years old and I decided to try my hand at yard art I thought why not I love creating and learning new things so with Jig Saw in hand off I went I cut out and Hand Painted a Santa and 9 Reindeers painted them all different colours and then a friend ordered a set and her friend and before I knew it I had a Business called Santa's Little Helper's this was 1995. 
We re-located to Beautiful Alstonville in August 2004 and after some setteling in I started the Timber Cut-Outs again creating custome made orders and old favourites for Local Businesses and Clubs. New Ones are being created all the time. Then the creative bug hit again and I found I was adding Hand-made Dolls  Nanna Shell's Doll's was Born to this I now have Nanna Shell's,  Ali Cat Babies and Children's Wearas well.
How long have you been creating?: 35 years now
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:I am now a registered Business called Nanna Shell's I work part time outside the home but most of my time is spent on the business I am in the process of creating a web page at the moment so all 3 FB pages will be in the 1 spot.
Where do you sell your creations? 
Face Book, from my home, Lismore Car boot Markets !st sunday in the month, Ballina Hospital Craft Show, Alstonville Quots Club Craft and Leisure Fair, Alstonville Pig Races and of course soon The Handmade Expo so exciting.



What makes you so special or different?: 
I put lots of Love and Care into every thing I create and love to creating special orders to fit the clients needs, I have a quick turn around from order to delivery, and every creation is different from the next.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:
 Having 14 Grand-Children now I just love being creative and producing crafts that bring my and their ideas to life, as well as creating for family, friends and customers. No idea is too challenging as I put a lot of heart and artistic energy into all of my projects to create the highest quiality products.
Definately seeing the faces when the orders are picked up and the pics the families send me of my creations drives me to expand my business into multiple directions and create to the different desires of my customers.
What is your favourite product to make?:I really can't decide that as every creation brings be so much joy and challenging times that once they are complete they are my new favourite product.
Do you teach classes or workshops?
I have in the past and I am planning to have some work shops  for the timber Cut-outs in the school Holidays for the Kids to be able to come and Paint their own  I am still working on the dates as these were really popular in the past. I also teach close friends and family how to sew at times and places that suit their busy lifestyles.

No comments: