Monday, July 16, 2018

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR RUSTIC URBAN SOAP CO

Stallholder Profile for Rustic Urban Soap Co




Your name: Bek
Your business name: Rustic Urban Soap Co
Facebook/website name and link: www.rusticurbansoapco.com.au and facebook.com/rusticurbansoapco
The suburb/town you live in now: Fraser Coast
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Handmade cold processed soap mostly, although I do also make soy candles, wax melts, bath bombs, and natural skincare including creams, lotions and oils, I've even been known to make natural mineral make-up from time to time. Throughout the years I've studied chemistry, and have a background in aromatherapy, naturopathy, nutrition and healthcare. 



What inspired you to start your business? The desire to have less chemicals in my life and to divert away from some larger companies in order to become more self reliant lead me to creating my own products. This in turn lead me to providing it to family and friends, even clients which supported and encouraged me to start up my own business back in 2004

How long have you been creating?: I've been creating natural based products and candles since I was a kid, coming from a family of naturopaths, and growing up in the Blue Mountains, NSW, this was a way of life. As I grew up, my knowledge and understanding grew, and I was able to establish a range of products available today. 

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Both, It;s a part time business, with a pat-time hobby on the side, constantly developing. 
Where do you sell your creations?: Mainly online, through some Art galleries, and Boutique shops, and of course The Handmade Expo in Hervey Bay.



What makes you so special or different?: I don't think I am special, I am just trying to do my small part for the environment by reducing the impact we have and provide products which are made with care and attention something that big business don't provide.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Making an impact on the environment and peoples lives, no matter how small it may be. 
What is your favourite product to make?: There's so many to choose from, I dont think I can choose just one. 

Do you teach classes or workshops?: Unfortunately this is something I used to do many years ago, however, due to certain circumstances I no longer offer it.

No comments: