Tuesday, January 16, 2018

TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR WORDS AND FLOWERS AU

Stallholder Profile for Words and Flowers AU


Your name: Sonia Bassingthwaighte

Your Business name and Facebook name and link:
Words and Flowers AU
Facebook.com/WordsandflowersAU

The Town you live in now: On a property outside Jandowae, Queensland.

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I make original, inspirational watercolour Art work for display in homes!
Original paintings and also prints of my work. I mainly focus on handlettered words, quotes
or verses, decorated with watercolour florals.
I also make cards and bookmarks.
I paint on watercolour paper, cardstock and canvases.
The skills I use are design/layout, illustration, brushlettering,
modern calligraphy and watercolour painting.
I would also like to start making handlettered wooden signs.




What inspired you to start your business?
Family and friends seemed to like the Art Work I was creating and so I thought
Others might like it too…..

How long have you been ‘creating’?
I started getting into the watercolour painting and lettering towards the end of 2016.

Is it a full time/part time/hobby or business?
My Art Work is a hobby at this stage, but I have started to sell some of my work.

Where do you sell your creations? What makes you special or different?
I have an Etsy Shop http://etsy.com/WordsandflowersAU
and a Facebook Page. I have done some Art Work for friends and family.
I think my work is special because it is inspirational and encouraging!
It can also be customised and personalised.




What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
I find spending time painting and lettering is very peaceful and relaxing. I really enjoy doing it!
It is also exciting when other people love my work and it brings them joy!

What is your favourite product that you make?
Handlettered quotes or verses with beautiful watercolour florals in a frame ready to display.

Do you teach classes or workshops?
No, not at this stage.

No comments: