Monday, January 22, 2018

STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR RESART DESIGNS

Stallholder Profile for ResArt Designs



Your name: Nina Berg 
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: ResArtDesigns 
The suburb/town you live in now: Coes Creek QLD 
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make eco-resin jewellry and homewares. I use a bio-resin called Entropy Resin Super Sap CCF/CCR, which is a renewable plant based carbon, NOT petroleum based carbon, resin. This uses waste products from other industrial processes, and it does not compete with food sources or displace food based agriculture. 
I take the resin in its liquid state, mix, and place into ready made moulds ( with store bought or made by me) with either pigments or inclusions I collect such as dried flowers, leaves, seaweed, or foil etc.  I then sand through 4 grits of sand paper, polish and buff each piece. 
I then hand craft earring hooks for earrings or attach chain or cord to necklaces. 



What inspired you to start your business?: I’ve loved resin jewellry for many years, and when the time came for me to move on from my job of 20+ years I started ResArtDesigns! 
How long have you been creating?: All my life tinkering with something here and there, resin around 2 Years. 
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Full time at the moment. 
Where do you sell your creations?: 
I sell online and also at markets such as Handmade Expo at the Noosa Leisure Centre 4 times a year and also Sunshine Coast Collective Markets at Coolum State primary school each 4th Sunday of the month. 
What makes you so special or different?: I use eco resin whereas a lot of other makers use petroleum based resin...I try to do my bit for the environment even though it costs a little more. I also collect my inclusions in a thoughtful way, and each piece is carefully created by hand. 



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: hearing people go ooh and ahh when they pick up an item and get a good look at the colours and shimmer, or tiny maiden hair fern and marigold petals, or bits of fine seaweed that have been painstakingly tweezered into the mould... it’s all worth it then!
What is your favourite product to make?: At the moment it’s definitely drawer pulls/knobs...they’re getting awesome feedback at the markets, are so pretty and have so much depth to them. And they bring a boring piece of furniture to life instantly! 
Do you teach classes or workshops?: I’m hoping to start workshops mid year..but at the moment our shed is not the prettiest place to work! I’m crossing my fingers for a studio workshop on our property sometime this year. Working out of my lounge room is fine for just me, but some more professional digs would be amazing. Hint hint ;)

No comments: