Wednesday, October 18, 2017

NEW TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR HANSON MINERAL PHOTOS

Stallholder Profile for Hanson Mineral Photos 

  • Your name: Di Hanson


  • The suburb/town you live in now: My home is in Mt Lofty (Toowoomba), but until I can really get my business established, I am continuing to work at my 'other job' in Brisbane.

  • What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I make custom ceramic feature tiles using photography and original artwork, as well as painting  on canvas, tile and timber.  The skills I have are acrylic painting, design and resin art.




  • What inspired you to start your business? It has been a lengthy evolution from wanting to share my sister Sue's mineral photography in her memory, and doing that via a series of art exhibitions and public art, to wanting to create my own art and doing that via my artwork feature tiles, canvas paintings and serving board art.

  • How long have you been ‘creating’? Not long! I have been working with my sister's beautiful photography for about nine years, but only doing my own artwork for about ten months.

  • Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?  I have established my business Hanson Mineral Photos with the intention of developing this into a viable business, but I am only able to do this part time at the moment. 

  • Where do you sell your creations?   I have a shop on Etsy as well as my own website, I've also done one or two markets but not since I have been doing my own artwork.  

  • What makes what you do special or different? I  don't think there are many people doing photography on tile and offering to do custom photography or artwork on feature tiles.




  • What is the most rewarding part of what you do?  I love the opportunity to share Sue's photography, that is very special to me. Also I had no idea that painting was so enjoyable and I love the abstract nature of the art I create - no rules!

  • What is your favourite product that you make? At the moment I really love painting the hand-turned camphour laurel cheeseboards, but my heart is with Sue's photos and finding new customers for her art.

  • Do you teach classes or workshops? No! I'm just learning 

No comments: