Monday, August 10, 2015

Stallholder profile Moonage Exchange

New stallholder profile is Moonage Exchange

Your name:
Bec Bougoure

Your Business name:
Moonage Exchange






The suburb/town you live in now:
Toowoomba



What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I sell Men and Women’s Vintage Clothing and Accessories.


 I also sell Upcycled Second-Hand Clothing where I take second hand pieces and alter or restyle a piece by adding something to the garment (patches, prints or embroidery/beading), or colouring dying items, or cropping/distressing an item (jeans in particular).  


What inspired you to start your business?
For as long as I can remember I have had a keen interest in second hand clothing, and in particular altering or upcycling second hand clothing.  When I was a teenager the older looking the piece the more I wanted it, and in more recent years with the emergence of Vintage clothing becoming a trending term I have started to look at Vintage pieces with a modern vibe.  I love to style my Vintage pieces with more modern pieces to create edgy unique looks.  I have also started to develop a range of upcycled second hand pieces to expand on this styling component and have been altering other items to continue the unique styling theme.  

How long have you been ‘creating’?
Since I was a teenager I have been attempting to create unique and edgy styles from Vintage Second-Hand pieces, however Moonage Exchange is a new project that I have been trying to establish for the last 12 months.


Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
Part-Time Business

Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..of course you must include The Handmade Expo, lol:
I have only started selling pieces via markets; however I am also working on creating an online store via Etsy and also at The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market in Toowoomba

What makes what you do special or different?
I don’t have the most typical Vintage pieces; I try to collect Vintage pieces that allow me to style them with a modern vibe.  I enjoy the idea of using Vintage clothing and Upcycling clothing to promote sustainable fashion practices which is why I like to promote modern styling with Vintage pieces.  


What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
I do it for the love of sustainable fashion and enjoy promoting this idea particularly with the youth of today and small communities.


What is your favourite product that you make?
I love all my Vintage pieces but best of all I love creating new and unique pieces from recycled clothing.

No comments: