Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Stallholder Profile Handmade by Sam

Stallholder Profile
Samantha from Handmade by Sam
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Handmade-by-Sam/206327146107969


Name: Samantha Cust

Business name: Handmade by Sam

Suburb/town Bertram, Perth

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
Bespoke cakes/cupcakes and cookies for EVERY occasion


What inspired you to start your business? 
I have a very creative streak and love giving Handmade items as gifts. I took a few cake decorating classes just to start out as a hobby and some time out 'just for me' and became totally addicted! I already work from home running a family day care, so to start another home based business was a totally logical thing to do :)
How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been creating all my life, but my business has been registered since 2013

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
Currently a part-time business along with my other business, but it is slowly taking over

Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc..
Facebook/word of mouth, local markets in Rockingham/Secret Harbour (run by Street Hassle Events) as well as The Handmade Expo

What makes what you do special or different? 
There are many cake decorators out there, but I bet you have never seen one with a red mowhawk and tattoos! I am not your run of the mill decorator (I certainly stand out in a crowd) LOL

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
Seeing the faces of the people who receive my cakes - it doesnt matter how many hours the cake took to complete or how many late nights you had to do, just seeing the joy on a person's face when they receive their cake made especially for them makes it all worth it

What is your favourite product that you make? 
I enjoy birthday cakes, each one is so very different, my clients certainly think 'outside of the box' when they order their cakes from me - each cake is definitely a challenge

Do you teach classes or workshops? 
yes, I teach, cupcake/cake decorating classes (in groups and also one-on-one sessions)

No comments: