Saturday, September 1, 2018

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR DOLLY DID IT

Stallholder Profile for Dolly Did It




Your name: Yvette Muir
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Dolly did it https://www.dollydidit.com.au , https://www.facebook.com/dollydidit  https://www.instagram.com/dollydiditdesigns
The suburb/town you live in now: Cooroibah, Sunshine Coast
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:
I hand-make jewellery and accessories from buttons, and I make jewellery out of Miniature Tea sets.



What inspired you to start your business?:
After many years as a Retailer in Perth, Western Australia, I decided to move to the Sunshine Coast to be closer to family. With the world famous Eumundi Markets on our doorstep, it seemed like a perfect time to pursue a more creative lifestyle and the idea of Dolly did it culminated from a lot of creative ideas I’d had over the years. I started at The Original Eumundi Markets the first market day in 2009.
How long have you been creating?: Since I was 11 when I started making jewellery out of Fimo
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Full time
Where do you sell your creations?: I sell my creations mostly at Eumundi Square Market and through my online store, but I also have a few Retail customers scattered around Australia



What makes you so special or different?: Although I’m certainly not the only person in Australia making button jewellery, I’m almost certain that I’m the only one doing it fulltime. It will be a decade in January, and I’m still going strong.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I love adorning people and I love providing them with an adornment that is truly unique and original. I often get people telling me that in all their travels, and in all the markets they’ve visited (which can apparently get a little repetitious)- that they’ve never encountered a completely unique product like mine. That makes me very happy! Smile 
What is your favourite product to make?: I could make Button necklaces and bracelets until the cows come home!
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No but I’d really love to, so bring it on!

No comments: