Monday, May 21, 2018

NEW HERVEY BAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR BAY MACRAME

Stallholder Profile for Bay Macrame



Your name: Amy Doubleday

Your business name - Bay Macrame
Facebook/website name and link: https://www.instagram.com/baymacrame/ 
The suburb/town you live in now: Hervey Bay
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make Necklaces and Pendants using Micro Macrame. I also incorporate natural stones and glass beads.



What inspired you to start your business?: I just love creating. It is a great feeling to create something beautiful from nothing but your own two hands. It is energy that I love to share and it is lovely when your efforts are admired.

How long have you been creating?:I have been teaching myself the art of macrame for just over a year now.  When I first discovered macrame, my years of doodling mandalas, making beaded jewellery and attempts at knitting and crochet just, literally, all tied together and made sense. Perhaps macrame found me.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Hobby. I consider myself lucky that I get any time to create at all! Life can get pretty hectic at times.
Where do you sell your creations? The Handmade Expo will be my first market.  I do have an Ebay shop as well that has been well received which is nice.
What makes you so special or different?: Every single piece I make is unique.  I have attempted to try and make a 'pattern', but I find it impossible to stick to, it just doesn't feel the same. Each stone speaks differently as well, so all Bay Macrame are one of a kinds.



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I find macrame so relaxing. It is my meditation, my calm place.  I find I am always happy when I have the time to create, so each piece has been made with peace, care and positive vibes. 
What is your favourite product to make?: I do enjoy getting lost in a good mandala creation.

Do you teach classes or workshops? No :-) Being self taught, I would find that a bit tricky!

No comments: