Friday, April 20, 2018

NEW BRISBANE NORTHSIDE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR AMOR DESIGN

Stallholder Profile for Amor Design



Your name: Pauline Amor
Your business name, Facebook/website and link : AMOR DESIGN
The suburb/town you live in now: Mooloolah, Sunshine Coast
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Silk Baskets made from brightly coloured Sari silks and Nepalese silk threads. I also teach felting....pods, bags, NUNO scarves on silk and tea cosies.



What inspired you to start your business?: I love all things textile, especially silks in bright colours and wanted to share my skills with other people so I started teaching about 2 years ago from my home studio in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
How long have you been creating?: All my life....I started making my own clothes from age 10 and made my sister in law’s wedding dress when I was 17. I made clothes for all my friends, drafting my own patterns. I have dabbled in every craft imaginable over the years and enjoy meeting like minded people and sharing ideas.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: I have now given up full time work and do lots of markets to showcase my workshops. I hold 4-5 workshops a month which are proving to be very popular.


Where do you sell your creations?: Mainly at markets around the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. I’ll be at the Handmade Expo too.
What makes you so special or different?: Every basket or felted item I make is different, never 2 the s…
What is your favourite product to make?: Silk Baskets and Felted Nuno scarfs and pods.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Yes, I teach 4-5 workshops a month from my home studio in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. I also have weekend retreats which include 2 workshops for people from Brisbane.

No comments: