Thursday, February 9, 2017

ROCKHAMPTON STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LILLYBET'S PAPERS

Stallholder Profile for Lillybet's Papers
https://www.facebook.com/lillylovespaper/

Your name: Elizabeth Gross
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Lillybet's Papers 
The suburb/town you live in now: Rockhampton
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make greeting cards in singles and sets, often with handmade envelopes to match, I also make decorated journals and paper decor items. I can make cards to order for special occasions. I also run regular classes and teach card making.
What inspired you to start your business?: I make more cards then I need so selling them is a good way to challenge my creativity to make a bigger variety.



How long have you been creating?: - all my life!! but in this are about 10 years
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It's a part time business and I work in operating Theatres the rest of the time but I would love to make it full time!
Where do you sell your creations?: The Handmade Expo Markets, I sell my cards at the Hospital where I work and through private orders from Facebook and word of mouth. I am also on several design teams for Card making and reach an audience  online
What makes you so special or different?: I rarely make the same design more than a few times so each card is unique. I only do identical cards for sets.



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I know that every person who receives a handmade card in the post or in person is touched by the effort that went into giving it. We are all so bombarded with electronic communications that something real is so nice to hold.
What is your favourite product to make?: Wedding cards!! or Anniversary cards,, maybe baby cards and definitely birthday pop up or interactive cards. Actually I like them all
Do you teach classes or workshops?: yes  at least every month and I will arrange a private class based on what you would like to make. You just need to arrange 4-6 guests and I'll bring everything they need to create 4 cards.
I also have a wedding or invitation advisory service where I can help you design and create your own invitations.

No comments: