Thursday, November 3, 2016

Stallholder Profile for Ipswich, Bygones 2 Now


Stallholder Profile for Bygones 2 Now
https://www.facebook.com/bygones2now/


Your Name: Vicki White

Your Business Name and Facebook/Website link -  Bygones2Now      https://www.facebook.com/bygones2now/

The suburb/town you live in now: Brookwater, Brisbane

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I enjoy working on tired or outdated furniture by giving them some TLC for a new lease of life.  The health of my customers, myself & the environment are very important to me, so I only use non-toxic paints & sealers.


What inspired you to start your business?: I have been giving ‘bygone’ items of furniture some reloving for several years but have only this year starting selling as a business under the name of Bygones 2 Now.

How long have you been creating?: For several years now.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Business

Where do you sell your creations?: I am proud to be an approved seller of The Furniture Artists Collective Brisbane.  At www.facebook.com/thefurnitureartistscollectivebrisbane  buyers can join this group on facebook to view the items from selected & approved sellers.  I also sell my items on my facebook page (above) and also on Instagram - www.instagram.com/bygones2now  My Etsy shop is not quite there yet !! And I also attend The Handmade Expo in Ipswich.


What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:: My passion is to upcycle and I have made several suitcase tables but am still feeling my way with this.  Ultimately I wish to work on upcycling pieces as my way of reducing items going into landfill.

Do you teach classes or workshops?: At present there are no classes or workshops.  You never know – maybe in the future.

No comments: