Thursday, October 6, 2016

Cairns Stallholder Profile for Nellie & the Geek

Stallholder Profile for Nellie & the Geek

https://www.facebook.com/Nellieandthegeek/



Your name: Helen Morris

Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Nellie & The
Geek  https://www.facebook.com/Nellieandthegeek/


The suburb/town you live in now: Kewarra Beach (Near Cairns) Queensland


What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make geeky
accessories and home wares including ladies and mens wallets and bags,
baby bibs and burp cloths, picnic place mats, jewellery, cross stitched
pictures and pram caddys.




What inspired you to start your business?: I was diagnosed with a
chronic pain condition called Fibromyalgia and I use crafting as therapy
and it also helps take my mind of the pain. I was making so many things
I decided to start selling them to fund more craft supplies.


How long have you been creating?: All my life but 4 years ago for my
business


Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: full time hobby, part
time business.


Where do you sell your creations?: I sell at The Handmade Expo and Vintage
Market Cairns, where I am also Market Coordinator. I also sell at 2
other Cairns markets, The Tanks And Palm Cove Markets.




What makes you so special or different?: I have taken a life long love
of Geeky stuff, like sci-fi, gaming, movies, books and comics and use it
as inspiration to make geeky goodies for people just like me.


What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing people smile
when they find out I have a product they love.


What is your favourite product to make?: My favourite product is any
that my customers love enough to buy.


Do you teach classes or workshops?: No

No comments: