Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Stallholder profile Cloudy Cuddles

Todays stallholder profile is Cloudy Cuddles



Your name: Amy Kelly

Your Business name and facebook name and link: Cloudy Cuddles https://www.facebook.com/CloudyCuddles2/



The suburb/town you live in now: 
Drayton, Toowoomba

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
I make baby blankets, swaddle blankets, burping cloths, bandana bibs, regular bib, headbands and other accessories. 

What inspired you to start your business? 
Cloudy cuddles business was formed on a love of sewing, and being able to share this passion with others through developing quality products that others can buy and receive. The joy I get when I see others receive these handmade clothes and accessories is priceless. 

I grew up learning to sew from my mum who is a textiles and sewing teacher. Many a time I remember sitting down next to her at the sewing machine sewing, or at the table pinning and cutting out fabrics. The passion she has for sewing has been passed down to me. Just like her I one day hope to pass this on to the next generation of my family.

How long have you been ‘creating’?
Started in January 2016. 

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
It is part time business. 

Where do you sell your creations? 
I sell them online at Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CloudyCuddles. Online through my facebook page and at The Handmade Expo Market. This is my first Market and if all goes well hoping to do some more.

What makes what you do special or different? 
I use a wide range of styles and designs. Ones that are not seen elsewhere. The blankets can be used as a baby into childhood making them last longer and great for large families. I have special touches on my products. I have care labels on the back of products making it easy for washing. The cloudy cuddles logo is printed on the front. The bibs and burping cloths have a top stitch making them more durable. The bibs have extra long velcro making it adjustable for all babies and toddlers.  


What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
The most rewaring part of what I do is being able see the look on the customer's face when they receive a product. I love being able to see the joy that it brings to others. 

What is your favourite product that you make?
I love making the flannelette and minky blankets. There is so many different styles and colours. There are also ones with borders and squares as well which make them fun to make. There are a lot of bright colours in at the moment which I love to sew with.

No comments: