Thursday, May 12, 2016

Stallholder profile Wellingtons Wick

Our stall holder profile today is Wellingtons Wick

Your name:
Jessica Wellington
Your business name and facebook/website name and link:
Business Name: Wellingtons Wick Instagram: www.instagram.com/wellingtonswick
The suburb/town you live in now:
Cairns

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?:
I create hand poured and beautifully scented artisan jar candles, travel tin candles and melts. Candles are available in unique, classic, and traditional vessels in a wide variety of scents.
All of Wellingtons Wicks candles and melts use 100% eco soy wax and natural fragrance oils. Each candle is lovingly poured by hand and left to set for two weeks to ensure an even burn and strong throw of the scent.

I also provide a bespoke candle service in which custom orders can be made for a one off gift such as a birthday, anniversary, bridesmaid gift, or new baby. We also cater for large custom orders for events including wedding bomboniere and corporate functions.
What inspired you to start your business?:
Inspiration for starting this business grew from my long love affair with candles. I found that it was sometimes difficult to find candles in the scents I liked and wanted to make candles in unusual and beautiful fragrance blends that would accommodate different preferences, occasions, and seasons.

How long have you been creating?:
I have been making candles for around 3 months under a business, although have dabbled in it for quite a while before that as a hobby. Through conducting testing with temperatures, fragrances, and setting times, my candle recipe has resulted in candles that have a long, even burn, and wonderful strong scent throw.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?:
This is now a business that takes up full time hours (but it doesn't feel like work because I enjoy doing it so much).
Where do you sell your creations?
I sell these candles on facebook and instagram (accounts listed above) and currently ship Australia wide. I am also in the process of setting up an online etsy shop.

I will be attending various markets in Cairns including the Handmade Expo Markets (for the remainder of 2016), along with the Cairns Cruise Terminal Markets, Tanks Markets (limited; dates to be advised), and Cairns esplanade Markets.

A website is currently being developed and I can't wait to share it with everyone once it's up and running.
What makes you so special or different?:
What makes Wellingtons Wick so special is that I provide a bespoke candle service that accommodates special occasions and one off personalised gifts. With a background in graphic design, I can work closely with clients to ensure that their vision for the perfect candle and gift can be created.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?:
The most rewarding part of what I do is hearing the positive feedback and seeing photos that I receive from customers telling me that they are enjoying their purchases.
What is your favourite product to make?:
I love making all of the wax products. From deciding on which vessels to use, right through to the labelling, it's all good! My favourite products to make would probably be the customised candles because I like being able to add a personalised touch to someones gift, and know that the candles have played a special part in someone's wedding, birthday, or other special occasion.

No comments: