Friday, April 24, 2015

Stallholder profile Blue Shell Creations

Our newest stall holder in Ipswich is Michelle from Blue Shell Creations

Name: Michelle Gillett

Your Business: Blue Shell Creations 

The suburb/town you live in: Moggill

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
Quilts, Household items and jewellery.  I design and make my own quilts, I crochet, knit, sew and embroider


What inspired you to start your business? 
I want to see if I can make my hobby into a successful small business.  I wanted more work life balance and out of the corporate rat race and do what I enjoy for a living. I decided last year to create Blue Shell Creations and see if doing what I love could bring in some reward.



How long have you been ‘creating’? 
For about 6 years now.  However, I have fond memories of my grandmother teaching me how to knit as a child.  Something to this day I cherish that she passed down to me.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
At the moment its a hobby that I would like to become a part time business.

Where do you sell your creations? Online/markets etc.. 
The Handmade Expo of course :)  and Etsy

What makes what you do special or different? 
I design my own quilts and I also create one off pieces.  I use only high quality products to make my designs.  

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
Loving what I do and seeing someone else receive joy from my finished product.  Also knowing that my quilts leave behind a legacy.  They will still be here when I am gone.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
My first love is quilting but a close second is to crochet.

Do you teach classes or workshops? I don't at the moment but I would love to in the future.

No comments: