Thursday, April 16, 2015

Stallholder profile Bella BBQ

New stallholder profile is all about Bella BBQ
Name:  
Steve Hellyer

Your Business: 
Bella BBQ   

   
The suburb/town you live: 
Redbank Plains

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
We slow smoke our pork and brisket  and create burgers that have been voted in some of Brisbane’s top 10 must have burgers

What inspired you to start your business? 
I was a stay at home dad and got a little bored during the day, and loved watching BBQ Pitmasters, and decided that I wanted to learn how to smoke like them. After much practice and some fails, I am now consistently putting out high quality food for the public to eat.

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been creating for around 4 years, and the business has been up and running for nearly a year, but only been in our food van for 2 months and taking the food truck scene by storm.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
This is our full time business

Where do you sell your creations? 
The Handmade Expo, Boundary St Markets, Rocklea Markets, Love Your Local Markets, Brooky Bite Nite, Private Functions


What makes what you do special or different? 
I think what stands out for Bella BBQ is the story, Bella our daughter is the only girl in between our 7 children, and Bella meaning beautiful, is how we came up with the Bella BBQ name. Each burger/meal always goes out with love and care, I’m quite a perfectionist and love creating burgers for our customers.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
Hearing back from our customers about how much they love our product and showing BBQ enthusiasts what I do.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
I love all my product,but I must say my favourite at the moment is our brisket burger with house made mac and cheese, it is to die for!!


No comments: