Thursday, October 18, 2018

NEW PROSERPINE AND MACKAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR AUTHOR PAGAN MALCOLM

Stallholder Profile for Author Pagan Malcolm




Your name: Pagan Malcolm
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: 

P.S.Malcolm

Website: https://psmalcolm.com/ 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorPM/ 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p.s.malcolm/

The suburb/town you live in now: Proserpine
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I write and publish young adult fiction novels using my writing skills.



What inspired you to start your business?: I've always been passionate about writing and it was never a question of 'if' I'd be an author, but when. I decided to take it seriously in high school and started my business as an author not long after I graduated. I find the business side of publishing very fun and challenging, which keeps me motivated. 
How long have you been creating?: I've been writing for 10+ years, but I've only been publishing for the past 3. It's been a bit of a rocky start--I've re-released my debut novel since the first release, but now it's onwards and upwards with my other books. 
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It's definitely a business. 
Where do you sell your creations?: 

I sell my books primarily online via distributors such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. However, I also sell them at writing workshops, book signings, and of course at The Handmade Expo! 


What makes you so special or different?: I'm only 21 years old and I've written 8 manuscripts (and counting!). I consider myself to be incredibly ambitious and driven for a young person, and really value my books and writing career. My first submission to a publishing house ever was accepted just after I graduated Year 12 (which is unheard of), but I've gone on to self-publish as well since then. 
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I love hearing back from readers about what they thought of my books and what they loved about them. I write for myself and my own enjoyment, but it's very special to know that my work can impact other people's lives. 
What is your favourite product to make?: Books! Haha. I'm an eBook kind of girl myself but that's so easy to do. I feel very accomplished when I can publish and get a print book into my own hands, which is a little bit harder!
Do you teach classes or workshops? I do! I have a whole other separate business where I coach and teach fiction writers how to write, publish and market their own books! It's called Paperback Kingdom and you can find it here: https://paperbackkingdom.com/ 

No comments: