Friday, August 31, 2018

NEW MACKAY STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LESLEY WILSON AUTHOR

Stallholder Profile for Lesley Wilson Author



Your name: Lesley Wilson
Your business name and facebook/website name and link:
The suburb/town you live in now: Bucasia, Mackay
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I’m an author. Major skill is my imagination and the tenacity to commit hundreds of thousands of words to paper.



What inspired you to start your business?: A lifelong love of literature, and a driving force to write about the many characters who rattle around inside my head.
How long have you been creating?: Since I was around 8 years of age.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Pretty much full time if promotion of my product on social media is included. I like to think of it as a business, but I don’t make much money. That said, hope springs eternal.
Where do you sell your creations?: Anywhere I can, including markets, expos, and on-line.



What makes you so special or different?: That’s a curly question! My stories are set in 14th century Yorkshire, so I do an enormous amount of research into the period to make sure I get it right. I love to bring the harsh reality of the era to life, but I have also included a little romance, much comedy, enthralling intrigue, some blood and guts, several deliciously evil characters, and a few zany animals.  Orphan Oric, the main protagonist, is apprenticed to elderly apothecary, Ichtheus, so much investigation into the practice of ancient herbs and cures was needed. My readers seem to love my stories, and this gives me the biggest thrill of all.  Currently I am writing my fourth book – a thriller/romance set in the 1960s, which is completely different to my medieval trilogy. If I stopped writing, I believe I would die. LOL
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing my characters spring to life in my books, reading my reviews, and talking to people - especially youngsters.
What is your favourite product to make?: Books.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not so far.

No comments: