Monday, September 18, 2017

NEW STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR MOJO'S MOBILE CATERING

Stallholder Profile for Mojo's Mobile Catering

  • Your name: Jenny Overson

  • Your Business name and Facebook name and link: Mojo’s Mobile Catering (that is my trading name and Facebook name)

  • The suburb/town you live in now: Harlin 4306

  • What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I make deep fried desserts such as Oreos and Mars Bars,Twix, bananas, apples, bananas in bacon and my newest addition is funnel cakes. They taste like a hot donut but look nothing like it. I serve all of these with or without Bulla Ice cream and topping of the customers choice.





  • What inspired you to start your business? I have always wanted my own business and I love to cook for people and to see their reaction. My brother went to the USA and when he came back he raved about the deep fried desserts that they do. So I tested some on family and friends and the rest, as they say, is history. It’s only a short history though as I only started this business in August, 2017.
  • How long have you been ‘creating’?

  • Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? This is my main business. I still do a bit of relief teacher aide work in the local High school in the Special Ed dept. Before my own business I have worked in Special Ed for 17 years.

  • Where do you sell your creations and What makes what you do special or different? I mainly like to do food festivals and expos. This is because I need the numbers to buy my goodies as my prices are cheap. I like to keep them that way so that it is affordable for everyone. It is becoming more and more expensive to take a family out so I have kept that foremost in my mind with pricing.


  • What is the most rewarding part of what you do? Having repeat customers. I love them coming back, even to tell me how much they enjoyed it. As it is not a common theme in Qld people are trying something new so can be a bit cautious. I have had some people just order one and then come back and get 5!

  • What is your favourite product that you make? Funnel cakes. I just love them. They are fun to make because no two are the same but they are absolutely delicious. If I was to have a snack that would be what I would chose and I never thought I would chose something else over chocolate!



  • Do you teach classes or workshops?  No

No comments: