Monday, June 5, 2017

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR TINY TREASURES

Stallholder Profile for Tiny Treasures

Your name: India Gladwood
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: Tiny Treasures. https://www.facebook.com/TinyTreasuresAU/
The suburb/town you live in now: Cooroy, QLD
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Tiny Treasures are handmade, hand-drawn, tiny wearable pieces of art! These intricate sketches make for beautiful jewellery and are perfect as gifts or just a unique accessory! Each Treasure is lovingly created by me and made into necklaces, rings, earrings, and accessories.


I start by drawing a miniature pencil sketch and then making it into a unique piece of wearable art.
As every Tiny Treasure is hand crafted each one is unique. Custom designs, feedback, or individual ideas are always welcome via email!
What inspired you to start your business?: I ordered a craft kit off Etsy and I didn’t open it for about a year. I started making as a way to give my art to friends as gifts. Friends of friends began admiring my creations and it snowballed from there.
How long have you been creating?: I’m a new maker so only about 6 months!
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: This is just my hobby at the moment but I’m hoping people will love my creations which will allow me to create more! Each time someone buys one of my Treasures they are buying me more time to do what I love – create!
Where do you sell your creations?: As Tiny Treasures is so new I am currently selling my jewellery at local fairs, such as the upcoming Art Market in the Paddock (Pomona, May 27th) and the Handmade Expo (Noosa, June 11). In the future I will also be attending the Eumundi Markets.
My creations are also available at Makersville at Montville.
What makes you so special or different?: All of my tiny treasures feature REAL tiny drawings! No prints are made, they are all original tiny pencil sketches set in jewellery trays for a unique piece of both art and accessory!



What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I’ve always loved creating and I love seeing people wearing and enjoying what I have lovingly created!
Please also feel free to tag yourself on my Facebook or Instagram page with your purchases!
What is your favourite product to make?: I love making all my products! As each is very different, every tiny treasure creation is a unique experience. Each piece brings moments of frustration, experimentation and creation!
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not as this stage.

No comments: