Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Stallholder profile Paperbark Writer

Todays Stall holder profile is for Paperbark Writer


Your name: Paula Peeters
Your Business name:
Most info is on my website www.paperbarkwriter.com but I’m also on facebook as a person  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009248031871

The suburb/town you live in now: 
Sandgate, Qld

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
I combine science and art to explore Australian nature through stories, paintings and drawings. I’ve recently used these skills to create the first colouring book for adults, which is the only one currently available that’s based entirely on a wild Australian woodland. I also sell greeting cards, postcards and prints of my artwork, and these are linked to stories on my blog describing the inspiration behind each artwork and sometimes detailing how they were created.


What inspired you to start your business? 
I’ve always been inspired by nature, and love sharing its beauty and fascinating details with others.

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
All of my life, in one form or another.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
It’s part time at the moment, perhaps evolving into full time soon.

Where do you sell your creations? 
Via my online shop at www.paperbarkwriter.com and at The Handmade Expo in Morayfield  . My colouring book and some greeting cards are also available at the State Library Shop at Southbank and Binna Burra Lodge in Lamington National Park. My colouring book Bimblebox Wonderland is available at selected shops in Brisbane – see http://www.paperbarkwriter.com/product/bimblebox-wonderland-colouring-book/ for details.


What makes what you do special or different? 
I’m an ecologist, but also a writer and artist. I’ve also spent many years working in the field of wildlife conservation. So this means I can combine my knowledge of many different plants, animals and ecosystems with my artistic side to create unique images and products, with fascinating stories behind them.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
When people recognise the plants or animals in my stories or art, or are excited by new things they didn’t know before.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
I love all of them!


Do you teach classes or workshops? 
I’m planning some workshops for next year, which will probably be held at Binna Burra Lodge.

No comments: