Monday, November 24, 2014

Stallholder profile..Cute as a Fabric Button

Today we are profiling Cute as a Fabric Button as one of our newest stallholders



Your name: Elyse Scott

Your Business name: Cute as a fabric button

The suburb/town you live in now: Ipswich

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I create fabric covered button jewellery and accessories.

What inspired you to start your business? 
A conversation with a friend. She spoke to me about the idea of making fabric covered earrings. My creative mind went into overdrive and I started to look into it further. I not only created earrings but then found other gorgeous things to make and found that friends wanted me to make things for them so I decided to try and sell a few items.... It has now evolved into an amazingly rewarding hobby!

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
Nearly a year

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
This is currently a hobby of mine.

Where do you sell your creations? 
I have been primarily selling my items online using Facebook but am now very excited to be taking the leap into the market scene... starting with The Handmade Expo :)

What makes what you do special or different? 
I am able to create custom orders to suit your needs. If you are after a specific colour or theme I am happy to source the fabric to create accessories just for you! 

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
Spotting people wearing my creations.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
Hmmm this is definitely a hard one to answer but I would probably have to go with...... earrings. A girl can never have enough earrings!



No comments: