Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Stallholder profile Creative Bird Studio

Our Stallholder profile is today from Lisa who owns Creative Bird Studio 
Lisa will be attending our new Rockingham market debuting on August 10th.

Name: Lisa D'monte 

Business name: Creative Bird Studio


The suburb/town : Bertram, WA

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? 
I make Cards, Gifts & Stationery

What inspired you to start your business? 
I wanted to create and make products for people to love and enjoy as much as I do. 

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been creative for as long as I can remember I remember when I was little always rummaging in mum's fabrics and button stash. 

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
Hobby Business but would love for it to become part or full time in the furture. 

Where do you sell your creations? 
I have a facebook page and a made it store as well as participating in local markets. I will be at the Handmade Expo Market on Sunday 10th August.

What makes what you do special or different?  
I have my own unique style and it is reflected by what I am interested in at the moment so for example my more recent work has reflected more of a vintage style but it is ever changing and evolving. I also very much love inspirational quotes and sayings so that too is starting to come through in my more recent pieces. 

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
The feedback when a customer tells me they love their purchase that is the most satisfying part that I have made something that is meaningful and loved by the person that makes it all worthwhile.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
It's hard to choose just one but at the moment I am loving upcycling and repurposing have some new and unique products made from books coming up so stay tuned.... 

Do you teach classes or workshops? 
I do teach workshops, in the past I have held Scrabble Tile Art workshops and in the future I am hoping to start holding more regular workshops from card making to fabric projects which I am excited about. 

No comments: