Tuesday, April 7, 2009



Well, we would like to give you an update on our market that we took on a road trip on the weekend to Goondiwindi...This is more of a thank you email as there are so many people to mention. We will do a follow up post with photos sometime this week.

We have 3 lots of people to thank for making this market a great success:

First of all, we would like to send out a big thanks to our Stallholders. Obviously, without the 60 of you, it would not have been possible. We had a lot of awesome feedback from you and found that 90% of stallholders had a fantastic day, some of them even had the best market EVER!. The other 10% still had a good day, but not their best. A big congrats to Derry with his folkart and Nat from Bella Rosa for selling out. That is a record for The Handmade Expo.

Second of all, we would like to thank the 500 customers who came through the door on Saturday. We did think that we would have got more of you, however, you knew what it was all about...browsing and shopping of handmade goods...and my, what a great job you did.

Last but certainly not least, we want to send a big thanks to the PCYC and crew. Dave & Fiona Lynch...without you and your support, we would have not been able to make it to your wonderful town. You do such a wonderful job at the PCYC and to the community. We can certainly appreciate the hard work that you put into the PCYC and we are sure that the locals do too. Thanks to the 2 fellas who helped us out on the Friday arvo unloading and setting up the tables, we dragged you away from your workout in the gym to the workout of your lives setting up The Handmade Expo...you know who you are! It would have taken us 6 hours instead of 3 to get the job done. A massive thanks also to the Police Officers who helped us pack up on the Saturday arvo (if only we knew your names..we do hope this thanks gets back to you as well).

Overall, Gundy is a nice little town, very friendly (with great little boutique shops & coffee outlets).. We will certainly be coming back to visit. We have made some friends that we hope to keep in contact with. Perhaps we will be back for Gourmet in Gundy in September...Perhaps our avid readers will be there too.

So, keep an eye out this week for some photos and more detailed update.

Liesa, Micky & Miriam


Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Wow! So glad the day was a huge success and so sorry I missed it...look forward to seeing some photos and I can't believe some stall holders sold out! Woohoo!!
Kiss Noises Linda Lilly Cottage

Trish Goodfield said...

I wish to add my appreciation to all of those people you mentioned. You girls also deserve a big pat on the back. It was a risky and huge undertaking. The locals who attended certainly apprecited the effort. Well done!