Monday, August 6, 2018

NEW TOOWOOMBA STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR CREATIVE AYUKO OBA

Stallholder Profile for Ayuko Oba



Your name: Ayuko Oba

Your Business name and Facebook name and link: I haven't had a business name yet.

The suburb/town you live in now: Gatton

What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I am making earrings, hair clips, hair ornament, etc. using TSUMAMI ZAIKU techniques. The techniques commence 300~400 years ago in Japan.





What inspired you to start your business? I love Japanese look.

How long have you been ‘creating’? I have learnt the technique of the TSUMAMI ZAIKU in Japan a few years ago.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? It is hobby for me, I eventually would like to do as a business.

Where do you sell your creations? I just sell only at The Handmade Expo Market at the moment.




What is the most rewarding part of what you do?  When people like my products, I am really happy. I also would like to introduce Japanese things to a lot of people.

What is your favourite product that you make? I love to make a Kanzashi comb which is a traditional Japanese hair ornament.

Do you teach classes or workshops? I haven't had a workshop yet. If people need to learn TSUMAMI ZAIKU, I am happy to teach it.

No comments: