Friday, August 31, 2018

NEW SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LOOPZ

Stallholder Profile for Loopz




Your name: Karen Beckett
Your business name and Facebook/website name and link: www.Madeit.com.au/Loopz
The suburb/town you live in now: Yandina
What is it that you make and what skills do you use? I use my passion for beautiful soft draping fabric and an eye for what looks great to make fabric Infinity Scarves.



What inspired you to start your business? A couple of things – with a love of wearing scarves and shawls (they have always been a part of my wardrobe) so I decided to start making some for myself and got lots of positive comments. I also found I’d reached an age where I wasn’t looking too good on paper when applying for jobs so decided it was time to let the “inner me” out!
How long have you been creating?  I’ve been sewing (off and on) for more than 40 years making my own clothes with their own distinct style.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business? I’m aiming to make it into a business where I can work the amount of time I want to.
Where do you sell your creations? The Handmade Expo is the perfect vehicle for Loopz, this will be my third Expo. The Expo has a lovely relaxed atmosphere about it, and I’ve had wonderful positive comments from stallholders and Expo visitors alike.  I also have on online outlet at MadeIt.com.au/Loopz. Two fine avenues for anyone’s creativity.



What makes you so special or different? My scarves are made with love - a love of making something unique yet practical and oh so pretty. And they are unique, you won’t find other people wearing your scarf!
What is the most rewarding part of what you do? Being free to be creative, have bright (and not so bright) ideas and trying them out – it’s very rewarding when your idea works out!
What is your favourite product to make?: I love turning fabric or a preloved scarf that I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with into a beautiful Loopz.
Do you teach classes or workshops?: No, I don’t.

No comments: