Thursday, August 2, 2018

NEW LISMORE STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR LITTLE GEM JEWELLERY

Stallholder Profile for Little Gem Jewellery



Your name: Katrina Estreich

Your business name and facebook/website name and link: https://www.facebook.com/MyLittleGemJewellery

The suburb/town you live in now: Lismore

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: I make handmade wire sculptured jewellery with genuine gemstones and non tarnish hypoallergenic wire. I use just my hands and a couple of basic tools such as pliers and a hammer to flatten the wire.





What inspired you to start your business?: I've always loved admiring beautiful pieces of jewellery and I've always been fascinated with all the different Gemstones so it was only a matter of time before i combined the two.

How long have you been creating?: I started of with making basic beaded jewellery about 11years ago but then fell in love with wire jewellery about 9 years ago and taught myself from there.

Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: Part time hobby

Where do you sell your creations?: I sell my jewellery at the Lismore Carboot Markets every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, occasionally at the Lismore Farmers Market and soon at The Handmade Expo.




What makes you so special or different?: I love making my pieces from no tarnish wire as a lot of people have allergies to the metals in common jewellery. I myself found cheap costume jewellery hurt my ears so i like to make my pieces affordable and available to everyone.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: I really enjoy seeing someone fall in love with a piece of jewellery i have made.

What is your favourite product to make?: I have a lot of favourites but making pendants is probably what i do more of. 

Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not at the moment.

No comments: