Thursday, March 8, 2018

SUNSHINE COAST STALLHOLDER PROFILE FOR ARTS BY SIMI

Stallholder Profile for Arts By Simi



Your name: Simone McArdle
Your business name and facebook/website name and link: 

https://artbysimi.wixsite.com/modernart   
https://www.facebook.com/ArtsBySimi/

The suburb/town you live in now: Maryborough, Qld, Australia
What is it that you make and what skills do you use?: Artwork often using acrylics or mixed media.


What inspired you to start your business?: I'm creative by nature and decided to focus my attention on the art styles I really enjoy creating. I have a desire for it to be more than just a hobby.
How long have you been creating?: Since my youth.
Is it a full time/part time hobby or business?: It was a hobby but I am now focusing on turning it into a business.
Where do you sell your creations?: Word of mouth, my facebook art page and one art exhibition so far. I now aim to sell from my new website, instagram and the The Handmade Expo.


What makes you so special or different?: My artwork is often vibrant and varying in methods. I find I do my best work by not sticking with one style or method. It keeps my ideas fresh and the creative juices flowing.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?: Seeing someone hang my artwork in their home or office and to know they're very happy with it. 
What is your favourite product to make?: Artwork sets. Each piece matching and the sets being able to hang in different positions to accomodate and compliment the room. 
Do you teach classes or workshops?: Not yet but I'm planning to this year.

No comments: