Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Stall holder profile - Positively Organic Skincare

Todays post is profiling Positively Organic Skincare

Your name: Julie Boundy

Your Business name:
Positively Organic Skincare 

The suburb/town you live in: Highfields

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?  
I formulate and make organic skincare using certified organic ingredients ,working out of my solar powered studio.


What inspired you to start your business?
I was inspired to start my business after always suffering with sensitive skin issues myself and trying endless products only to discover that they didn't help my skin. My skin was always red and it  reacted from so called 'organic' and 'natural' products. While travelling around Australia for 3 years with my husband and 2 children,my skin would react with the changes in climates and water. I desperately tried dozens of products,but it wasn't until after researching the ingredients that  I realised that even the so called organic and natural products still had a percentage of synthetic ingredients in them.I came to the realisation that I would have to produce my own skincare so that I knew exactly what was going into the product which I was putting on my skin.


How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been selling Positively Organic Skincare for almost 3 years now (2 years before that spent formulating until I was happy with the end products) and we sell worldwide,we have a loyal customer base in the UK,United States,France and still building our overseas market. We have a big customer base Australia wide with loyal customers that have been buying our products since we first started. 

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
Full time business

Where do you sell your creations? 
Our online store http://www.positivelyorganicskincare.com.au/, Etsy shop -https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/PositivelyOrganic,Queens Park Markets-Toowoomba, Markets at the Manor-Highfields, The Twilight Markets-Highfields, Cabarlah Markets-Cabarlah, 
The Handmade Expo-Toowoomba,  Childers Festival-Childers. You will find a list of markets and expos that we will be attending in 2016 on our website under the link Pop- Up Shop.

What makes what you do special or different?
I use Indigenous  Australian Native extracts which makes our products unique as well as the highest quality organic plant oils and 100% pure essential oils. We have just released our new Ultra-Sensitive Range which doesn't contain any essential oils for people that are highly sensitive and for pregnant women.


What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
I absolutely love what I do and my passion is driven my emails that I receive from people that say our products have made a noticeable difference to their skin and that they have been receiving compliments about how great their skin looks.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
I don't have a 'favourite'...I love just being in my studio making each and every product. 

Do you teach classes or workshops?
No,I really don't have time in my business at this stage.

No comments: