Friday, February 27, 2015

Stallholder profile Creative Machine Embroidery by Elisabeth

Todays Stallholder featured is Creative Embroidery by Elisabeth.



The suburb/town you live in now:    Water Ford West.

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?  
I create all sorts items with Machine Embroidery.

What inspired you to start your business?   
I am  not a Business but found myself to young to stop my creativity as I have been in the Fashion industry all my life.

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been creating in what I do now for the last 18 years.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?  
Hobby.

Where do you sell your creations? 
By word of mouth and only at the Handmade  Expo in Morayfield.

What makes what you do special or different? 
What I make is all original and only of the highest quality. I am very critical of my own work and if I find it is not good enough I won't sell it. 

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
My most rewarding part is when my product is finished and I send the photo's to my friends for them to give me there honest opinion. I get a lot of compliments from people ( Public) who attend our Market, as they always ask me what new items I have come up with.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
My embroidered Bath Towels, Hand Towel with with the Matching trim. Also I love doing Embroidered Pillow Cases. But actually I love everything I make as they are all individual and original.




Do you teach classes or workshops? 
No I don't, as much as I would like to, Embroidery Machines are very expensive. I have 2 and they both total to $20.000.00.

No comments: